More procreate

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Digital or Other non-pencil artwork here!

Moderator: ElaineH

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: More procreate

Post by Mike Sibley »

I get a real feeling of natural movement from the looseness of this. And the recession perfection.

And, of course, being able to create composites is so very useful. Especially when those composites are actually finished artwork. In any other medium you'd have to redraw/paint each one. I'm thoroughly jealous :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

It's your very unique style Laurene!
Very nice drawing (painting?) 😉 and interestingly presented animals as always!
I'm nobody to mention anything, but if you'd like to know what's catching my attention is the Moose's line of his legs 😉
I have a feeling he's turning to his left, it's the way he lifted his front leg...
But then if I look at his two other legs touching the ground it makes me feel he's off balance, the way they're crossed...
Obviously I'm aware they're on the move, so his legs don't need to be at level, but this is something that caught up my eyes dear Laurene 😉
The way you've drawn him, makes me thinking that he was just messing around, and suddenly decided go different direction 😊😊😊
I love your style!
Always!
Very recognisable!
I wish I had a style myself...
Years passing by, and I still haven't found it 😅
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thank you Mike! I’m excited to continue exploring all of the possibilities that this has opened up, and more importantly I’m having fun and it has energized me to draw/sketch on a regular basis.

I see what you’re saying Artur but his hooves are hidden by the snow/fog so that may be adding to the sense that he’s off-balance. They do have a strange high stepping gait when they’re in water or deep snow and it’s one of their traits that I find so fascinating and endearing. That front far leg could be pushed back a little more by deepening the shadow.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:49 am They do have a strange high stepping gait when they’re in water or deep snow and it’s one of their traits that I find so fascinating and endearing. That front far leg could be pushed back a little more by deepening the shadow.
Cheers for reply dear 😊
Yes, I knew this cross kind of stepping didn't come out of blue, but from your observation, or reference, so I just mention that it makes me thinking of the animal suddenly changing the direction 😉
But obviously this cross stepping catching up my attention, and I just wanted ti share my observation, whether you was after to achieve or just might had happened unconsciously while drawing and applying those wonderful snowy effects!!!
Awesome drawing, and you making me jealous every time you post new art 😊😊😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

Oh! How did I miss this one? LOVE IT. Especially appreciate the drama of the piece, the male and his family battling through the blizzard.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thanks Linda!

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Had another go at Procreate. I’m learning that Procreate is a very powerful program.

I’ve used it to put together compositions from several photographs. I’ve also used it to modify a photo into a composition I’m comfortable with. That’s what I did with the Pixabay photo below. I changed the bear to appear younger and I tried to use shadow and light to keep the details only where they’re needed.

EDIT: I updated my Procreate painting because I felt that the vegetation was flat. The bear’s far eye (screen left) also needed correcting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

It's another interesting art, and I'm impressed how you carry on learning the Procreate 👍
The more you know it, the better outcome you can create...
It's very nice art, soft but precise, it's like painting the dreamy scene ...
The dark values guiding me to the bear, and his focused eyes direct me to these wavy plants.
Very nice art Laurene 🤘🤠

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Thanks Artur. I didn’t realize I would enjoy this so much. It’s such a powerful and versatile program, yet you can use it just like you would use traditional media. Just pick up the Apple Pencil and draw.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:38 pm yet you can use it just like you would use traditional media. Just pick up the Apple Pencil and draw.
YES !!! I KNOW IT WELL 🤘🤠