More procreate

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Digital or Other non-pencil artwork here!

Moderator: ElaineH

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Re: More procreate

Post by Mike Sibley »

I love it!!! Is there no end to your talents? :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

😄. Thanks Mike! This was so much fun to do. My sister’s dog, Boomer, had an unfortunate meeting with a skunk a couple of weeks ago. His timing couldn’t have been worse. They were expecting potential buyers when Boomer decided he wanted to play with the black and white kitty that wandered into their yard 🤣😅. All’s well that ends well and they sold their house but poor Boomer learned a hard lesson that day. This one was for Boomer!

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

More procreate fun, and just in time for Inktober.

Autumn in Canada means that all of the animals are at their peak of fitness and strength. They've had all summer to build up muscle and fat and have taken on their rich winter coats. In the case of deer, caribou, elk, wapiti and moose they also sport the most beautiful antlers, at least until they shed them the following spring. This is when Canadian wildlife is at it's most beautiful in my opinion. Autumn also often means early snow.

The reference photos for this come from Pixabay. I used an ink brush in Procreate to simulate a pen and ink drawing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Hi Laurene...
I saw last digital painting you did share on fb, it was an Moose(if I'm correct?).
Because of fb share I forgot to check that post in here...
Well, I just have reminded myself to complement your Moose, but I found your cat and this stunning skunk as well !!!
I had no idea about these, lol 😊
I saw the animation you did share for Linda too, it's really good to have the tablet to just play with, and do something amazing!
Anyway, I'm attracted by the skunk art!!!
The way you have painted this ...
Unbelievably lovely art that's catching my likeness fully 😊😊😊
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

ooooh, a Moose! Such an amazing animal (and so BIG). And this is an amazing drawing. Well done Laurene.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Artur, that’s hilarious!! I can confirm that Artur was definitely NOT the model for my drawing 🤣. By the way, I actually think that skunks are cute!

Linda, thanks! I’m working on more elk and moose digital paintings. I love the challenge of drawing antlers.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:00 pm Artur, that’s hilarious!! I can confirm that Artur was definitely NOT the model for my drawing 🤣. By the way, I actually think that skunks are cute!
Hahahaaa 😅
I love all the animals (I think 🤔), all those *skunk beauties too 😅

*It's funny, because we call this animal very same in Polish...
SKUNKS is how in Polish we call this animal in singular form.
To make it plural we add Y at the end 😉 SKUNKSY 😉
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Cool. In French we say moufette, but the local name when I was young was bête puante, which means smelly beast 😄

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:29 pm bête puante, which means smelly beast 😄
Hahahaaaa, I love it 😅

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I'm completely fascinated at the moment with the beauty and complexity of antlers and of the differences between the species here in eastern Canada. I'm also experimenting with a looser style in Procreate.

The results were several paintings which I combined here. I added a texture overlay which I very much like. I also played with opacity to create a sense of recession from front to back. Procreate has opened up all kinds of possibilities! Please let me know what you think of this type of illustration. I'd love the feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.