Sleeping Tabby Cat

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Coloured Pencil and Pastel drawings, or mixed media masterpieces here!

Moderator: ElaineH

MBfineart

Re: Sleeping Tabby Cat

Post by MBfineart »

Ha ha sorry Mike, I was just so excited to put light over dark πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜… I knew you would appreciate the ease of that!!

I'm with you on enjoying the challenge in pencil, infact I've been referring to your book (in awe of your negative drawing) the last few weeks as I've been working on a dog commission! I will share it soon when i have given it to the client.

I also have an array of paints and brushes just waiting for their moment... still waiting!

PogArtTi

Re: Sleeping Tabby Cat

Post by PogArtTi »

Nice and interesting conversation in here πŸ‘
I tried pastel pencils back in 2016 if I'm right πŸ€”
I remember I quite enjoyed them, especially I was amazed I could draw anything with colour 😁😁😁
I was the same, I started off with graphite pencils, and wanted to try colour drawing πŸ‘
Unfortunately after fewer drawings I left pastels, because I couldn't live with their dusty nature...
Their powderish matter was everywhere around πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ‘
Also the "shaking off" routine before varnish could be applied...
Lovely medium, but this little issue had put me off πŸ™
Your cat is amazing, though πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*