You've got to love Beardies!

Welcome to our comfy Lounge - fetch a coffee and plump yourself down on a sofa. This is the place to get to know each other and discuss any subject, art-related or not.
Mike Sibley
Site Admin

You've got to love Beardies!

Post by Mike Sibley »

Beardies (Bearded Collies) are my all-time favourite breed. Recently I sold two Beardie Limited Edition prints to a client that were to be birthday presents for his mother.

Today, my client emailed to say "She loves them!" and added:
One more Beardie story for you:

In the late 1970's, my parents had a Beardie named Dogbone (think carefully before naming your pets, please!). They were outside one day doing yardwork with the dog.

Later that day, they get a rather gruff call from someone saying "We have your dog."

My father replied "No you don't. He's right here."

"No. We have your dog - check the collar".

Sure enough, there was an imposter Beardie lying in the same chair that Dogbone usually used!

Apparently, the other Beardie owners were driving past in a convertible and stopped at a traffic light. Without anyone noticing, their Beardie must have jumped out of the car and Dogbone promptly jumped in. The dogs were later exchanged without incident, but the other owners had only become suspicious when Dogbone refused to eat their dog's food!
You've got to love Beardies! :D :lol:
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Laurene

Re: You've got to love Beardies!

Post by Laurene »

:lol: That sounds like a scene straight out of a Disney movie!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Laurene wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm :lol: That sounds like a scene straight out of a Disney movie!
Agreed! But knowing Beardies, I can easily imagine that occurring :)

They're totally mad but in such a wonderfully endearing way! I'd have one - no question - but we have too much mud here over winter. A breeder once described them as "mud sponges"... and I believe her :D
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

Shmush

Post by Shmush »

What a great story! If that doesn’t make you smile nothing will! :lol: