Yin & Yang - graphite drawing.

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Graphite Pencil masterworks here!

Moderator: ElaineH

PogArtTi

Yin & Yang - graphite drawing.

Post by PogArtTi »

In Ancient Chinese philosophy, yin and yang is a concept of dualism, describing how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.
This is the approach of this drawing, where I tried to show a child, and the unknown forces that are present since we're born.
Thank you for watching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Shmush

Re: Yin & Yang - graphite drawing.

Post by Shmush »

From the very first glance it is easy to see this is
artwork with a mission, a deep story of some sort. I am glad you included an explanation for those of us who do not do well with understanding the philosophy behind the art.
Interesting, the right hand looks like an adult’s. Was that done consciously or unconsciously?

PogArtTi

Re: Yin & Yang - graphite drawing.

Post by PogArtTi »

Shmush wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:45 pm the right hand looks like an adult’s. Was that done consciously or unconsciously?
Obviously unconsciously 👍
It's funny because I've never noticed it's an adult hand before you pointed it out - THANK YOU!
I'll need to focus on such features much more at my next attempt...
I'm very appreciated for your comment 🤘🤠
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*