Tibetan Spaniel

EXHIBITION ONLY. Post your Graphite Pencil masterworks here!

Moderator: ElaineH

ElaineH

Tibetan Spaniel

Post by ElaineH »

005D2FD8-96A9-4749-8C94-8E229DC4BA03.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindasPencils

Re: Tibetan Spaniel

Post by LindasPencils »

Beautiful Elaine.

ElaineH

Post by ElaineH »

Thank you very much Linda. I got a lot of help from Mike’s Tibetan spaniel drawing.

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Lovely work Elaine!

Mike Sibley
Site Admin

Post by Mike Sibley »

Lovely dog. Lovely expression. Lovely drawing!

Just one slight criticism. I think you got so involved with detailing the body that you over did it. The head and ears are superb! But the body is a little flat and dominant.

The recession is minimal, especially at the right-hand side. I think that's for one of three reasons but I can't decide which...

It could be because it's more contrasty overall than the head. Or a degree of soft darkening at the right-hand side would add more curvature to the front. Or the detail could soften and degrade a bit at the right-hand edge. Or...

I've got a sick computer and no Photoshop, so I can't play today :cry:

That's not to take anything away from a super drawing - just my personal opinion and a possible enhancement.
Mike Sibley
BOOKS : Drawing From Line to Life
VIDEOS : DrawWithMike.net

ElaineH

Post by ElaineH »

Thank you very much for your comments Mike - you are absolutely right - I got completely bogged down drawing the body, and this is obviously evident to you. I can now see how the eye is drawn to that part of the dog, when the face should be the main focus. Maybe one day I will be able to spot these things for myself! - Am so happy with your comment about the head and ears though!!

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I always admire dogs, those animals are the closest to my heart.
When I been young I was visiting the dog shows every time I could.
This is how I started understanding how stunning the dogs are regarding their external appearance...
Living my everyday life I saw many dogs on streets, walking with their owners, and at that point I thought they're beautiful, and those owners were proud...
Until I realised I was wrong, because the same breeds were 100% better looking at the dog show!
This is how I found out what's the difference between crossed breed and the full generation pedigree 😉

Beautiful portrait indeed Elaine !!!
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Peebee

Post by Peebee »

I love this ElaineH …it’s beautiful.I love the fluff and the dog.