"Tiger&Mystery Flower" - FINISHED

Post your art and WIPs for critique. Start a discussion or ask questions about all forms of drawing. Mixed media permitted.
Forum rules
You are allowed to post tasteful nudity. To avoid surprise or unwelcome comments, please indicate that it's a nude in the thread title. Also include a warning in the title if there's a possibility of the subject matter causing offence.
PogArtTi

Re: Tiger&Mystery Flower (WIP)

Post by PogArtTi »

Today's session - improving, improving, improving ...
Lol 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Wow, I miss a couple of days and look at the tiger now! The tiger is exquisite Artur. Can’t wait to see the tiger flower-breath. Did you base this on a myth or story? Either way I love the imagination behind it.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:08 pm Did you base this on a myth or story?
I'm so happy you still like it Laurene 😉
Unfortunately there's not any story I know, that I could rely this drawing too.
The breath idea was born long ago, long long ago 😅
When I finished the Red Stag Deer (airbrush).
I don't know who mention it, but I was told that if I'd paint the breath yet on that early cold morning of the deer - it would be spot on...
Breath?
I never had attempted even to try it, so even if I wanted to, I was too afraid to ruin all the painting...
Now, drawing the tiger over for the second time, I wanted to change something compared to the reference... No leaves at the background.
If no leaves, then what?
The breath 😅!
Just the breath on its own 🤔?
No! The imagined flower 😅
Then I started rework it in my mind, and slowly the picture appeared,but the tricky part is to transfer it on the paper now 😅
I have never did such thing in my life 😅
I was always drawing from the references, never from my mind 😅
So please don't expect it to be a good drawing Laurene, it might be another disaster, following the first one 😅😁😉
*History isn't there for You to like or dislike. It's there for You to learn from it. And if it offends you, even better. Because then You are less likely to repeat it. It's not yours to erase - It belongs to all of us...*

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

SUMATRAN TIGER -> Diet and hunting
Like all tigers, Sumatran tigers are carnivores. They will prey on almost any available animal, big or small. This includes fish, monkeys, wild boar, tapirs, and deer, among many others. They hunt at night and tend to make about one large kill a week.

They can run up to nearly 40 miles per hour, but only in short bursts, so they have to make the most of it. That’s why they’re ambush predators, slowly and silently stalking their prey until they’re ready to pounce. Habitat loss means Sumatran tigers are having to walk farther and farther in search of a meal—sometimes up to 18 miles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

I have improved the *breath by darkening, increasing the contrast today.
By darkening bottom and upper *mist I was able to shape the mystery flower, so it's crown is brighter now than surroundings, in my opinion showing its glare within the dark night...?

I think I like it, but please feel free to suggest anything you're thinking about, there's still plenty room for additional reworks...

The whole idea of the breath,the flower... was born in my mind.
I knew I want it, but I didn't know how to draw it.
The shapes you can see are made by lucky coincidence, followed my thoughts, intuition and marks left on the paper while shading...

Your thoughts please?

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

Well, first of all thanks for those facts about Sumatran tigers. I always like to learn something new about wildlife!

Your tiger is beautifully rendered. The fur is rich and textured, the eye is alive and the ear is expertly done.

If I were looking at this for the first time without knowing your vision for the piece, I would be intrigued by the meaning behind it. What does the tiger’s breath represent? I would see it as a symbol of the magical powers of tigers in some cultures. The mystery fits with the mysterious character of tigers. It’s difficult to explain what I mean, but the point is that your drawing pulls me into a story which is, I think, exactly what good art should do .

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

Laurene wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:08 am The mystery fits with the mysterious character of tigers.
It’s difficult to explain what I mean, but the point is that your drawing pulls me into a story which is, I think, exactly what good art should do .
Wow...
You've made me speechless Laurene...
This is exactly what I wish to achieve, but I'm drawing from my mind, there's no any reference I could rely on, but my imagination...
I used to draw always backupped by reference.
Your opinion means a lot to me!
Thank you...

*Last Saturday I went to drop off the "Parents" to Michael's house...
We were going (my wife) that way, so I didn't mind, and he paid in full as well (lol, old leopards ... 😅)
Anyway he had tears in his eyes when looking at drawing...
His dad passed away 3 years ago...
This emotional tears was the best *payment I've ever received...

PogArtTi

Post by PogArtTi »

"Tiger&Mystery Flower" (WIP)

THERE'S UNKNOWN WE'RE HEADING TO...
THERE'S A PATH WE'RE WALKING ON...
THERE'S A CHOICE WE'RE UP TO...

LindasPencils

Post by LindasPencils »

cool...

Laurene

Post by Laurene »

I’m so glad you were able to see Michael’s reaction first-hand. It makes all the hard work worthwhile!